3 Sided Exposure - Regular Columns With Tracking Top Attachment
Recommended Panel Configuration & Measuring
Unless there is an obstruction or some other compelling reason, we recommend an “outside path” ENDING panels at corner columns. Each of the 3 sides will be split into 2 separate panels (or panel + stucco strip) for a total of 6 panels. If for some reason you must take an inside path, select Irregular Columns With Tracking.
Typically, the track spans between house surfaces and columns, screws to the underside of the ceiling or header beam, and T-bones into the exterior edge of the column. Curtains are a bit wider than the track and a few inches will hang off the track to seal to outer edge of the column or house. Click photos to see in detail.
- Measure the “daylight widths” or space BETWEEN house and columns on the 2 sides ALONG the path the curtain will take WITHOUT ANY overlap (we’ll adjust for overlap later). Measure to the 1/2 inch and please be accurate.
- Measure heights at all 3 corners from UNDERSIDE of track mounting surface to floor.
- If for some reason you don’t have a good under-mounting surface, remember you can make one by side-mounting a 2″ x 2″ wood strip, then under-mounting the track to the wood strip.
- We then will divide your project into 4 individual panels (for ease of use) that can be split anywhere you choose.
- IMPORTANT: Sum width of all sides = Sum of all panel widths.
The configuration diagrams below demonstrate two examples from a top view using marine snaps, magnetic doorways, and stucco strips. Watch the video to get an overview on how to measure and some ideas for your panel configuration.
Panel Adjustments (Or Use Calculator Below)
WIDTH ADJUSTMENTS (or use calculator below)
- Automatically add 2-inches per panel regardless of width, then
- Add another 1-inch per panel for EACH edge that will snap to some surface
- Subtract 1-in for EACH edge connecting a Stucco Strip, and ignore width of stucco strip
- For Tracking Attachment: Add another 1-in per 10ft of panel width for relaxed fit
- NO height adjustments necessary for tracking. The 1-inch drop in the track will automatically give you a 1-inch overlap with the floor.
- Measuring is done from the bottom of the track mounting surface to the floor.
Simple Panel Adjustment Calculator (if all heights are the same)
Use this calculator by entering the 5 pieces of information required to adjust your panels. Repeat for each panel larger than a stucco strip.
NOTE: If the difference between all 4 heights is less than 1.5-inches, just use the tallest of the 4 heights. If the heights differs more than 1.5-inches, call in your order because we will need to taper the slope.