Curtains are installed with minimal home improvement skills. Can you stand on a ladder and hold a drill? If the answer is yes, you’re in business. Most describe it as a fun little half day project.
Velcro Top Attachment: (most common and panels are fixed in place for season)
- Velcro – is “Side-Mounted” to some surface (See tip, below, if this seems impossible).
- Tools Required – Drill, ladder, hammer, scissors, staple gun, pliars and your favorite dog to help watch you work.
- Initial Installation time – About 40 min per 10ft of width.
Tracking Attachment: (enables you to slide panels from side to side)
- Track Rails – are “Under-Mounted” to some surface (See tip, below, if this seems impossible).
- Tools Required – Drill, ladder, hammer, scissors, pliars, hacksaw, and metal file.
- Initial Installation time – About 60 min per 10ft of width.
The tracking is designed to be under mounted; however sometimes the path may be blocked by columns. In such cases, we will show you how to side mount a wood strip and then under mount the track to the wood strip. A similar strategy can be used for Velcro Panels when the path seems blocked. We will help you with all this during your planning session.
See Complete Installation
Why Is This Self-Install?